M² USAF Coat -
The M² USAF Coat Materials include the Following:
- Outer Shell: TenCate FLEX 7TM - 6.90 oz./yd2 Natural
- Thermal Liner: TenCate Titanium® SL2i
- Moisture Barrier: GORE® CROSSTECH® Black 2-Layer Type 3A
Standard Features of the Coat Include:
- Coat zipper closure (23”) with hook and loop on storm flap
- Extended Storm Flap: Improved closure and increased protection
- Underarm Panels: Provide dynamic balance and Maximum Mobility
- Bi-Swing Back: Unrestricted arm reach and true comfort yoke
- Contoured Collar: Shields from the elements and folds easily when not in use
- Throat Tab: improved designed with four-layer construction and a natural contour pattern for complete coverage of neck and throat area with FR hook and loop fasteners oriented to prevent exposure. While the collar and front storm flap closures are certified without it, our Throat Tab feature offers additional safeguarding.
- Thermal Air Channels: Enhanced thermal performance in the upper back
- DRD (Drag Rescue Device): Fast, easy, and ready for immediate deployment.
- Double layer sleeve wells for additional thermal protection while also keeping out water and debris.
- Reinforced cuffs for added strength and longevity.
- 7" PBI/ Kevlar® Wristlets with thumb hole (natural)
- Segmented trim for greater flexibility and reduced potential for steam burns
- All-inclusive coat that includes a Radio Pocket, Flashlight Hook, Flashlight Retainer Strap & 2 Mic Tabs, and a Hanging Name Badge
Ricochet: A Trusted Partner of the United States Air Force
Ricochet was initially awarded the contract with the U.S. Air Force in 2017 to serve as the sole manufacturer for firefighting structural/turnout gear and firefighting proximity gear for all Air Force agencies worldwide. Ricochet worked closely with the leadership of the USAF fire Service to bring the specifications for structural fire gear to a new level of performance by upgrading the shell, thermal and moisture barrier materials and by adding elements to the design to provide both increased flexibility and improved protection. After a competitive bidding process in 2022, Ricochet was selected as the sole provider of structural firefighting gear through 2027.
Ricochet Maximum Mobility Design: Where Innovation Meets Precision
At the heart of our M² USAF Structural Gear is the Ricochet Maximum Mobility (M²) design. The result? Turnout gear that offers unrestricted movement, ensuring our heroes can perform their duties with ease and confidence in the most demanding situations.
Our Gratitude to Veterans
At Ricochet, we honor the service of our veterans. It is our privilege to provide you with turnout gear that not only meets but exceeds the highest standards of safety. Thank you for your service; it is our mission to ensure you stay safe while you protect our communities.